Friday, February 18, 2005

Treats on the Tongue

My dog, Spooky, accompanied me for another daily walk down by the railroad tracks, with a particular focus on performing the most fun action of our promenade: playing "Rock Pile."

This game consists of Spooky sprinting to the top of a mound of gravel, there to sit while I wound up and underhanded him a biscuit toss that he caught more reliably than the accuracy of my toss. After a couple of tosses, we continued our walk, his tail wagging and my mind delighted that he is awash in a world of smells, sweet, fetid or otherwise.

Tomorrow is a new deal. God willing, Spooky and I will exchange treats near the point where the Golden Spike was driven in 1887, this the final event that connected the railroad from California to Oregon/Washington.

Spooky is so good at catching cookies that I'm considering unleashing him on my network, there to sniff, track and tackle all things untoward.

No comments: